Wednesday, October 15, 2008

THING 7

HOW EASY IS THAT????? I love Flickr!!!! It is VERY user friendly and so fun to organize my photos!!! And Free!!! I can't wait to download all of my pictures from home!!!!

I think I would use Flickr in my classroom by being able to use it as a resource for primary sources in Social Studies! We are currently studying Africa and it would be great to have pictures from people all over the world to draw from for examples.

I do, however, think I will need to find the pictures before I use them in my class in case there are some inappropriate ones for my students. But I Think that is a small concern and the benefits of Flickr outweigh it's possible negatives greatly!!!!!

3 comments:

Lina^.^ said...

Cool. Good luck with that:D Cant wait 2 see well if its iproperite

RESA 23Things said...

Glad you are excited about Flickr -- it's such a cool resource. Yes, there are inappropriate images (unfortunately) so it's good to have some plans to work around those issues.

Digital Teacher said...

I have been having a blast with Flickr as well and I do completely agree with having to be careful with giving kids free run of the site. I do think it is a great enhancement to all lessons though.