I chose to participate in 23Things this semester because I had 2 colleagues who completed the course last year. They both raved about how fun, exciting and easy this course was. I have seen first hand how they have been able to implement what they have learned into their classrooms already.
I too hope to learn as much as they have and add all I can into my own classroom. I want to use the Internet and other technology to enhance my current curriculum to reach all of my students. I know that as an educator I am competing with Ipods, T.V. and other media sources to catch my students interest. I hope that through this course I will learn new and interesting ways to do so.
I loved the web2.0 concept. I hadn't thought about it that way before. I also found it a bit nerve racking that anyone anywhere can read my writing once I post it. It is definitely an empowering thought as well as a scary one. I now realize that not all of the information out there is accurate. As an educator I must be cognisant of that fact and be mindful when using the Internet or having my students use it.
Overall, I am SO EXCITED to be part of this course!!!!
Until the next thing......
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad you are excited! I think you'll find this is a fun learning adventure. Great start to your blog and I'm looking forward to reading more.
Welcome to the 23 Things project!
Isn't it interesting that ideas start to generate regarding use of these great tools as we read more about them from such a wide variety of people. Great start to your blog.
Post a Comment